View Single Post
Old 08-17-2015, 07:47 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF#1867 , KC427
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by DWRAT View Post
What did your 575hp KC 427ci dyno in at?
As for FI call Bob Reems at Imagine Injection. Imagine Injection Inc. |
It was tuned by Wayne Presley of Very Cool Parts. It made 360rwhp and 350rwtq and this was on a Mustang Dyno. Temperatures were in the 80's and this was at an AFR of 12.2. Wayne didn't believe it had the motor I told him it did after a few passes......he said it just didn't feel like it should nor did it have the seat of the pants pull. It has 2" headers and Firefly 2.5 inch side pipes and we took the air filter off to rule that out as well.
Quote:
Originally Posted by trularin View Post
If I may, do you want to play with the engine or have someone take it to the level you want?

Tru
The only part I would participate in is the pulling and reinstalling the motor. If I went the EFI route down the road I would have a professional involved in the setup and tune. I would be working with a tuner and engine builder to make sure the components were selected correctly so that they would compliment each other.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MOTORHEAD View Post
You're going to have to give more detailed info before anyone can suggest any changes.
whats the mileage on the engine ? What cranking compression numbers are you seeing? What was the dyno HP ? What is your 5th gear ratio?.
Engine has 12K miles. My cylinder pressures were all between 150-160lb with the majority being around 150lb. It made 360rwhp and 350rwtq on a Mustang Dyno with an AFR of 12.2. I do not know my 5th gear ratio but I believe I was told it does not have the overdrive ratio for 5th gear.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPF1061 View Post
I know you say you are not interested in racing, but is there a local drag strip you could make a few passes at? 1/4 mile time slips will tell a lot more about where you are in real world performance that dyno slips.
Yes there is a local strip but I wont put the car on it......you do make a very valid point. I have a friend that took his car to Wayne a few weeks after I did but they had a sensor on the dyno go bad and they had to go to another local shop to use their dyno. His car has a Keith Craft 441 or something like that and it was rated at 616hp ect.....he made about 80rwhp more than I did but as I mentioned it was not on the same dyno. He and I need to do some pulls out on the hwy as that would be a pretty good comparison.

Last edited by Ace23; 08-17-2015 at 07:51 AM..