View Single Post
Old 08-17-2015, 02:41 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF#1867 , KC427
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPF1061 View Post
The power output does sound way off to me. I had my Roush 427R rebuilt in the past 5000 miles and had it dynoed after the rebuild. I will look when I get home and let you know what those numbers were. Pretty sure it was a Mustang dyno. Keith Kraft and Roush numbers should be in the same general ballpark for a 427 stroker provided Keith's is not a solid lifter race engine.
I don't have it in front of me but based on the information I have the camshaft is a Comp Cam hydraulic roller.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bernica View Post
I would think that if it's one of KC's engines he can maybe tell you all you need to know about the internals and the build? That would be a good starting point in making a plan. Not sure if KC stamps numbers or has other reference points on his builds to keep track, but it seems worth a phone call.
I've given Keith's shop a call and they were very helpful. I explained the situation and I believe they told me that my cylinder pressure should be between 170-180lb on my engine. I have the original build on the motor and all the information that Keith provided on tolerances, camshaft selection, dyno numbers ect.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SPF1061 View Post
Ace23, I am back home and looked at my files. FWIW, my Roush 427R with a dual plane intake dynoed at @420rwhp on a Mustang and @460rwhp on a Dynojet. This is a motor that Roush rates @540 flywheel hp. This is a stout motor with an AED 750cfm carb, well tuned and runs 11:30s in the quarter mile on a good day. Your 360rwhp number looks very low to me for the motor you have.
Thanks for the information and that is almost identical to what Wayne Presley told me it should make before we strapped it on the dyno..... he said it would make between 405-420HP and probably closer to the 420hp with my single plane intake, camshaft and 2" headers, firefly exhaust. Back in 2009 the car was previously tuned at Dennis Olthoff''s shop in North Carolina and Olthoff's records have it making 450rwhp on their dyno. I will probably run it out to the local shop that has a dyno jet and get a single pull on it just to have a comparions of the dyno jet and another piece of evidence that yes it is down on power lol. Since Wayne has retuned it with the QF750 it runs much better.....no telling where that missing hp is at. I did notice the other night when I fired it up under the gas station canopy I could see what appeared to be faint white smoke.....kinda just makes you wonder where that 50-60rwhp hp went.