View Single Post
Old 08-18-2015, 07:43 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF#1867 , KC427
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by itstock View Post
What heads and intake do you have? We could quickly rule out power numbers depending on them. Is it definitely a DART block? Not that it has to be, but if it's not a dart block we can rethink everything you were told about the engine also. Any pictures of the engine bay? What clutch is in the car? Any noticeable smells?

My nitrous is on a NOS progressive controller, single stage 50% initial at 4000rpms+wot with a 1.2 second ramp time (with the controller output cutting timing 6 degrees and also ramping the fuel pump to fully duty). I have had it on almost every single car that I have ever owned, including my 03 Cobra. The progressive controllers are absolutely awesome and so simple to use.
I am 100% positive it is a Dart block from looking it over when it was on a lift. The heads are Keith's Brodix platform......this was built in 2004 so not sure exactly what head they may have been using. The intake is a Victor Jr. Yes I have pictures on my phone I will just have to upload them. I have a receipt for the clutch that was put in at Olthoffs shop in 2010.......there doesn' appear to be any clutch slip and zero smells that would tip you off to the clutch burning.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dwight View Post
ACE
look at Classic Cobra Pack mufflers 3" with the louvers turned to the engine. Measure your old muffler and see if you can install longer Cobra Packs.
When you install longer mufflers, they are quieter but allow more exhaust out.

My 354 / 302 stroker put made over 400 rwh - tq and I think a lot of it was my exhaust system.

Classic Chambered Exhaust Inc. - Cobra
I plan to pull a side pipe and have a look....take some measurements. It seems that firefly have good reports but you never know what you have until you confirm it. Based on many things being checkout I out it is very possible the side pipes could be a cause
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottj View Post
The bases aren't covered without a leakdown test. I would do a leakdown test on any motor I'm unfamiliar with just to know the general condition, problem or no problem.
Just one more thing I can add to my list of things to check.