View Single Post
Old 08-19-2015, 05:34 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA, 428, 4 speed Toploader, Jag rear, Red with White stripes
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Large Arbor View Post
Had both alternator and VR tested together and the VR is bad. The alternator was ok, but I will replace it as well in a couple of weeks. I also picked up a 12V led flasher. You simply hook a 12 V source to it and it flashes. All one component and very bright. Patrick would be proud!

Phil
Phil,
What else do you need to hook up this flasher? Always bothered me that the car does not have flashers. I was spoiled because my first Cobra had them. They saved me one night when the fuse on my headlights decided to blow. Drove home with a flashlight(friend was holding it shining on the shoulder so i would not go off the road). Also, when I first got the car, the fuel gage wax off and I ran out of gas. Godsend when you are stuck on the side of the road, especially in such a small car that could be hard to see!
I remember seeing/posting to a thread about how to put flashers in, I think it was Patrick's, it was involved and scared me because I hate electric in cars. Definitely not my strong point.
ERA#698 428, 4 speed Toploader, 3:31 Jag rear