View Single Post
Old 08-20-2015, 07:28 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by mptech View Post
,,,Then some a$$-clown at the counter says "Yeah, but it's just a Kit Car" in a condescending tone. I said "Excuse me, it's a Factory Five, I built it. It has a custom designed chassis and suspension. It's not a Kit". (I could already feel this wasn't going to go well with THIS guy).
He said (again in a demeaning manner "Well, does it have a CSX number?"
I was done and left,,,
It sucks when someone with obvious knowledge on the subject calls it for what it is.

From the FFR website -
"The Factory Five Mk4 base kit is the best selling vintage replica in history. The kit comes with all of the parts you need to build your car except for running gear from a 1987-1993 Ford Mustang donor car. You can also use parts from 1995-2004 Ford Mustangs."

"The Mk4 Complete kit gives you everything you need to build your car, in one big package. The only things you’ll need are the engine/transmission/rear end, wheels/tires, and a paint job. When we say everything, we mean it. We include things like hood hinges and a complete custom chassis wiring harness. We also make it easy for you to use the engine of your choice with a variety of available headers and engine/transmission mount assemblies.
Here’s a list of what comes standard in the Mk4 Complete Kit."

Call it whatever you like, but when the manufacturer labels their product as a "kit" then no amount of parsing of words and spinning semantics will change the fact that what you have came from a kit.