View Single Post
Old 08-22-2015, 01:41 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bernica View Post
If that current manifold is a single plane it will explain a lot of things as well, especially street performance. I'm with the folks comments above. Starting to suspect cam and intake...
Quote:
Back in 2009 the car was previously tuned at Dennis Olthoff''s shop in North Carolina and Olthoff's records have it making 450rwhp on their dyno.
Quote:
The only variances from the build sheet are that it listed a Davinci 950 carb and Performer RPM intake. The carb on the car now is a 750QF and intake is a victor jr. The camshaft that is listed is a Comp Cam .576 intake and exhaust gross lift with 252 exhaust and 262 intake with 112 lobe separation. I hope the camshaft isn't anything proprietary....this is from 10 years back and its stamped all over the build information so it doesn't appear top secret. I was aware the car did have a Davinci carb on it but that it was removed....I'm wondering if the intake manifold listed on the build sheet is a typo as I undertand it to have always had a victor jr on it. This is purely to provide information based on peoples questions about the motor....not to debate someone's dy
Seems like a lot of things have been changed on this engine since bought from the builder and Olthoff's tune and 450rwhp correspond with the builders dyno hp numbers.......now, some years later,parts have been changed and hp is down about 100..........makes me wonder just what is in the engine at this point in time and if it is still the same basic (short block) engine as was delivered originally....
If it were me, I'd be doing some serious checking into the engine to find out just what is in it and what has been changed......and if it is the original engine at all.......

David