View Single Post
Old 08-23-2015, 05:48 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace23 View Post
I will double check the build sheet that list the installed camshaft specifications as well as the sheet from Comp Cams. The previous owner had owned the car since 2009 but I cannot guarantee any changes prior to his ownership. I guess someone changin camshafts is as possible as anything else.
I swapped the carb to a QuickFuel. I have a 150 page binder from when the car was brought in to the states and literally every receipt for the build and any additional parts through the years. Personally I think the motor is exactly what it says it is but thats something we can verify as the wrenches start turning. I haven' found anything on the car that hasn't matched up with the receipts......it was also a local car to me so the current group of guys in the Cobra club know that it hasn't been touched since 2009 when it was bought by the previous owner. None of the information I was given is a100% guarantee but it is better than not having any documentation on the vehicle
What concerns me is the Olthoff's tune/rwhp numbers correspond with the dyno numbers of the original engine,then thru the years things were changed and the engine "lost" about 100 hp......

Like Brent said,check the stroke,check the cam and see where your at and what you've got.........
Another question I would have is why was the intake changed and if the cam is not the original,why was it changed?????

David