View Single Post
Old 08-24-2015, 04:23 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Default Places to get fusable link kits or wire

davids2toys Dave short story this time, we covered all the other info.
Fuse links or any power side of a curcuit get a protector, CB, fusable link, fuse, a bubble gum rapper. (Save this for another time)Places to get different size links in kits or wire spools'
Wiring Products 1800-549-0243 kit # FLW 12 GA Kit

White Products 1440-871-0800 service packs, got my stuff here.

Madenterprises 1559-539-7128 FL12 kit

Napa has bubble rapped kits, no 12 gauge kit or larger.

Ground wires don't need fuses because 98% of the time they are grounded and a wire rub through will not change anything to a cucruit. There is a Major catch here, alot of new systems including injectors are using the ground side to turn on and off curcuits and not the power side. Blower motors in some cars have direct power to motor and a series of resistors in a row that have different resistance to control the speed of the motor. Again another story.

Choice is yours. Overkill has worked for me. I have no luck with things so backup plans are also in play. I do like CB in some curcuits, the big old sytle ones from the 80's. The new minies ones are in alot of our new cars. There seams to be a safety built into them if a curcuit blows it more than a couple of times. They will not reset. Some are also smoked after a couple of shorts. I like the K.I.S.S. system, and it's working pretty good. Rick L. class is out, and I have no class. Later