View Single Post
Old 08-25-2015, 10:56 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPF1061 View Post
I have been following this thread and have found very little info/suggestions regarding the original question. I would like to steer it back in that direction for a moment. I own a Roush 427R with an AED HO-Modified 750 cfm carb that is dialed in. I am running 4" stainless specialties mufflers. I tried the larger diameter SPF headers, but the torque lost down low more than offset the the free-er breathing I got at the very top end. Actually lost hp and a couple of tenths off et. The car runs well with no issues. (11:30-11:50 sets depending on weather). The issue is simply that I have become accustomed to this much power and want more. What would the informed reader suggest to take this engine to the next level without destroying it's street manners. I do not want to go to a solid cam. Any suggestions?
Forced induction..........

BTW: solid roller camshafts are fairly maintenance free compared to the old solid camshafts of yesteryear......
On my race engine (331 stroker) I ran a solid roller cam for 8 seasons and once a year would "run" the valves and more often than not,only made a slight adjustment on 1/3 of them, the rest were just fine...

david