View Single Post
Old 08-26-2015, 02:50 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Backdraft #90, 351w,Tremec 3550, SB100 SOLD
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Gallegos View Post
Armond had a falling out with the DMV back in 2009. The woman who was registering his cars with the DMV was doing it incorrectly using salveged vin numbers and keeping a good amount of the tax money that we paid for herself, she was busted by the CHP and DMV. All the cars that she registered, which were all the cars he had sold, the plates were recalled and we had to then go through SB100. The CHP almost took our cars away because of what this woman did.The woman went to court and got a slap on the hand but never repaid the money we lost
Not all of us that bought our cars through Ca Cobra registered our cars this way. I went the SB100 way and still had trouble. I did not lose the tax/registration money. In fact the state of CA sent my money back and had me reapply even though I did everything right. I was just "guilty by association". Later the DMV actually wondered why I was asked to surrender my title. Duh! I told them that several times over. But, no one listened in Sacramento for a long long time. It took 11 months, but finally worked out.