View Single Post
Old 08-27-2015, 03:43 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Was at a Wounded Warrior show a few weeks ago showing my car and an old guy walked up and started looking my car over clearly thinking about adding me to his list of favorite cars. Another guy walks up grabs his arm and says "Ah you don't wanna be looking at that. That's just a kit car." And dragged him away. They weren't quiet and I was sitting a few feet away behind my car. I kept quiet and let em go.

My car is a kit and I'm not ashamed of it. If it weren't for kits I couldn't have a Cobra. I put a lot of hard work into it and I think it's a great car. The fact that I occasionally get lumped in with the myriad of terrible kit cars throughout history is unavoidable. I'll just have to brush it off.

Actually a couple weeks ago I was at our local Friday car gathering when I see a couple looking my car over intently. After a few minutes they ask if it was mine. They recognized it as a FFR and gave some very nice compliments. As we talked I noticed he had his hat secured to his shirt with an alligator clip lanyard so I asked what roadster he had arrived in? Turns out they drove in in an original green 289 Cobra! Nice folks. Gorgeous car.

Mario
FFR MKIV #7608 Complete kit w/IRS
Dart 427 w/Pro 1 CNC 210cc heads, 490rwhp/459rwtq
http://www.mycobra.build   #7608 Graduation Thread