View Single Post
Old 08-31-2015, 01:41 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

I completed my FFR MK4 build and had it licensed in 2013. Drove it that summer in gel-coat and had it painted in 2014. Lot of fun to build, more fun to drive!
I started with a base kit and bought only the parts I needed (most new or re-manufactured with a warranty). Rebuilt 302 with some aftermarket go-fast goodies, rebuilt trans, rebuilt rear-end.

If (better, when) I build another, it will be a FFR Complete kit, with a crate motor (either a 331 or 351).
Remember, a donor car is parts 20 - 25 years old!
If you do go donor, I would HIGHLY recommend new: Radiator, Fuel Tank, Fuel Pump, Caliper, Rotors, Master Cylinder, Steering Rack, Power Steering pump, and WIRING and gauges. (kinda defeats the purpose of a donor)
It's no fun to build a new car with old parts (painting doesn't make them new again) and then replacing it after you finish your build and ready to hit the road!
I installed a donor Master Cylinder when I built my car and had to replace it with the body installed. NO FUN!

If you can find a local Cobra Club, they can be a HUGE asset! (also check the FFcars site)

Good Luck with your build, they are a blast!