View Single Post
Old 08-31-2015, 02:38 PM
Banned
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Shelby Cobra CSX4206 aluminum body, original 1965 NASCAR 427 SO, Dual quads.
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhv48 View Post
Even though what Evan says is factually true, he intentionally misleads the inquisitor into thinking they are looking at an original, 60's era, Shelby Cobra.
I think we all can agree that when asked "the question", the inquisitor is really asking whether or not they are in the presence of an original, 60's era, Shelby Cobra.

Based on that assumption, the correct answer to "the question" would be: "It's not an original Shelby Cobra. It's a Shelby Continuation Series Cobra."

Evan, if you don't like all the attention your car generates every time you park it, then tell the WHOLE truth when someone asks "the question" and then spend the next few minutes explaining what a continuation series is.
Intentionally misleading those that care to ask is beneath you. If you are truly proud of your car, as you should be, don't embellish its pedigree by trying to glom onto the fame of the originals.
Yours is a remake of the original, not an original. Be proud and educate those that care to ask. And don't try to justify your answer by saying that you are merely answering their question. We all know what they truly want to know, and your misleading answer is beneath you.
I understand your concern and point. I appreciate your comments too. Rest assured, I am not "intentionally" misleading anyone. Without fail I add to the discussion that Shelby began producing Cobras again in 1996. That's when the cell phones and videos start. There is no confusion as to originality. Pedigree is the same.