View Single Post
Old 09-02-2015, 09:34 AM
Banned
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Shelby Cobra CSX4206 aluminum body, original 1965 NASCAR 427 SO, Dual quads.
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by RodKnock View Post
Is your point that the SAAC Cobra Registrar, Ned Scudder, noted Cobra historian and Cobra expert, called the Shelby Continuation Cobra a REPLICA? I happen to agree with his opinion.

Evan, you own a gorgeous Shelby Cobra replica, which was built roughly 30-35 years after the original Cobras.
I agree. It's a technically a true replica of the original Series Cobra. No argument. See Websters. It is also a real or genuine Shelby Cobra in its own right. I'll not only cite the World Registry of Cobras & GT40s but guess what...... we can also through in the Federal decisions (which PaulF and JoesGarage consider determinative as deciding these issues) dealing with the Shelby litigation on trade dress and trade mark as supporting precedent in the "holdings" and "findings" not just mere "dicta". Thanks for reminding me PaulF and JoesGarage!!!

An LA Exotics for example does not even rise to the level of "replica" if we are using the predominant definition as contained in Websters as used by the Registry.

Last edited by REAL 1; 09-02-2015 at 09:46 AM..