View Single Post
Old 09-05-2015, 06:31 AM
CC Member/Contributor
Visit my Photo Gallery
Gold Star Contributor

Not Ranked     

I had considered going the "self tuning" EFI but after talking to people who had done it and researching on the internet, it basically had me running away from them. The Fast EZ 2.0 seemed to be one of the most finicky and least reliable systems on the market. You are far better off with the multiport anyway, and there are a lot of other systems you can look at if you are interested in tuning. BigStuff3, Motec, even Holley has a decent setup. If you aren't in to tuning it, then you are going to throw a lot of money to a tuner to get it running properly, and you still run a good chance of having a temperamental setup. Also, don't forget to add in the fuel system when figuring out price of the EFI.

You might improve mpg's a bit going to a proper efi, but if your good carb is tuned and sized correctly, and the cam is right, everything else should be fine. I think once you work through your original engine woes, you will be a lot happier rather than just throwing money at problems that stemmed from something else and also add a plethora of NEW problems. When all is said and done, you are throwing $4k at an EFI/Fuel system when a portion of that money could be used to rebuild your bottom end to get the results you seek. You have a good block, you have heads, intake, and carb. All of the main ingredients are there to get roughly 500 safe, reliable, and streetable rwhp. Have the bottom end rebuilt properly and go have fun with it.

Last edited by itstock; 09-05-2015 at 06:43 AM..