View Single Post
Old 09-07-2015, 07:54 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Classic revival kit (CR3181), gen III engine, T56 6 speed box, AU XR8 lsd diff
Send a message via Yahoo to boxhead
Not Ranked     

So whats next.
With a new found enthusiasm for tinkering with cars, next on the agenda is Myrtle (Mildreds younger Skanky sister).
Myrtle is a 1968 RT40 that will be built up as a 69 (My birth year, same as Mildred is a 67 for Rondas birth year).
Body wise on the exterior, I would like to keep as "ratty" looking as possible with lychin growing etc. Mechanically will see some mods, I have a 18RG engine with Yamaha head that used to be in a very wild off road buggy out here. I also have a 5 speed celica box to run behind it and a heavy duty clutch. Not sure on diff yet, but suspect a shortened Hilux unit will make its way under the car.
I also have a disk brake conversion for the front, but I am also planning some major suspension work with the possible fitment of airbags and custom control arms.
I may also end up removing inner guards in engine bay and making a tubular frame for support and strength (incorporating a roll cage).
A disk brake rear conversion with hydraulic handbrake is most likely as well.
Here are some bits I have gathered.

This one is a spare parts car, with the 69 tail lights that will be fitted up.

I just have a retail job to do this weekend and have a major tidy up, Then I am into this one.

Cruising in 5th

---------------------------------------------
Never be afraid to do something new, Remember, Amateurs built the Ark: Professionals built the Titanic.