View Single Post
Old 09-11-2015, 01:39 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Harrison #100 under construction
Not Ranked     

Don't know whether you're aware Dave but your humble Mildred was available as a Corona GT5.
A pretty looking 2 door Coupe with the twin cam & 5 speed g'box.
I had a real good look at one up close when I was about 16- 17 and it went passed me at Lucas Hts in Sydney when it was all bush. I made the bastard work hard to get by ( Me in a hot Morrie Minor series 2 !!) [ is there such a thing !??!] and chased it down to the old Lugarno ferry.
Turns out the car was following another car-can't remember what- and the driver was from Wheels or Modern Motor or Sports Car World or something, and they were doing a road test for the mag. The driver got out for a chat while we were waiting for the ferry, and wanted to know how come the Morrie was so hard to pass ! I reckon we were doing about 75-80 mph when he went passed & the prick changed gear right beside my window!!
At the time all I wanted to know was what sort of Toyota is that and where can I get one & it's got a 5 speed g/box !! Really ! A 5 speed !??! 5 speeds at the time 1966-67 were only found in flash stuff like Aston's & the like, not in stuff from Japan-!!
Do a Google image search & there are shed loads of your sketch there !
Go for the chop Mate, it'll look great I reckon.

Harrison #100