View Single Post
Old 09-19-2015, 03:17 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by deano59 View Post
i built one about 17 yrs ago but was forced too sell it in a divorce and vowed and declared i would get another one when my circumstances changed .
i didnt want too build one after doing that with the last one scrounging thru wreckers and buying old jags then cleaning and recondition everything as i went along 3 yrs to build it i thought bugga that .
i,looked at a few local and flew interstate to tassie too look at one but couldnt find find one that suited my needs or i liked the look of .
in the end the wife and myself flew up to qld to check out the pace kits and was blown away by the quality and the engineering of the cars ive been involved in motor sport for the last 30 yrs and these equalled and in many cases bettered what i was used too .
we placed our order this time last yr and have made all the payments apart from transport to adelaide so we are waiting patiently for a delivery date . in saying that my car had to be modified to accommodate the 6 speed auto trans in it around the trans tunnel as there a wide bugga of a trans .
but due to a leg injury using a clutch pedal is out of the question and i didnt want to use a old turbo 400 trans or the like when i could have a 6 speed behind a L98 engine .
im lucky as my wife is motor car and Motorsport tragic she is on the committee and is the time keeper in our club where i race so i dont have any problems spending and her getting upset with in reason .

if your in a hurry and want a car to drive around in this summer look for one on the road and ready to go if your not in a rush check out the absolute pace kits or the factory five kits and see if there to your liking .
50g will put you into a car on the road as a base level inho after searching for one and the pace depending on what extras you want and how much of it you can do yourself imj budgeting for around 85g give or take a bit , in my case i can do all engine work and mechanical work as a semi retired mechanic put i will pay someone to do the wiring and trimming .
what ever way you go building or buying they will put a smile on ya dial for many a mile when ya out cruising .

cheers dean
Thanks dean, it's amazing how many people have been touched by the cars many years ago only to have the desire to have one lay dormant, until such time as we can make it happen. Even worse for you having had one, let it go and now that life is all the better with a wife that's into what your into. The pace car is now on my shortlist, it is all good news so far with that car.