View Single Post
Old 09-19-2015, 06:27 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

All,
I ended up purchasing a JBL roadster! I am excited to get on with the build as it is in the garage along with a bunch of parts. I would like some advice about how I should handle a few things. Here is my story.

I ordered the chassis, frame and the started parts list on the 2nd or 3rd of March. It is supposed to be 45 days. Well, 5 months later in mid-August we finally have a delivery but it showed up with almost no off the self parts. Just the chassis, body, windshield, radiator, fan, steering column and some, not all of the fabricated suspension parts. I was told things were on back order, which to me is "I didn't have time." Ok, I understand that but 5 months of time is a lot of extra time when you sign an agreement for 45 days. I am a patient guy. I can also go buy the off the shelf parts myself, which is what we talked about when I received it.

The more I got into it, the more I see that was wrong. Even though we signed a new agreement stating most of this, I was missing the hood scoop, the dash, trunk inner panels, front splash shields, bushings, fasteners, rear spindles, rear upper arms, camber adjusters, toe adjusters, steel brake lines, side pipes, headers (an add on I asked for), roll bar downtube, battery tie down and wiring, and engine mounts (add on I asked for). I could me missing other items but I can't make sense of what should come with it based on the discrepancies of the bill of materials and the little marketing sheet that was supplied.

Furthermore, The chassis has incomplete welds in some locations and is missing the rear upper strut mount brackets, missing seat belt mounting brackets, and missing roll bar mounting brackets, all of which I assume were supposed to be welded in from all of the pictures I have seen.

I was told I would be receiving many of these things ASAP but here it is a month and a week later and I don't have anything that wasn't delivered.

I love the design, I want to support a small business, and those around me know I have the patience and temperament of a buddist monk, but it is starting to fade. 6.5 months after contract start and it hasn't been completely delivered.

Ideas? I want to stick it out for the long run but there is no hope that I get all of the parts I need at the moment.