View Single Post
Old 09-21-2015, 05:22 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: G-Force Mk I, 5L Windsor, TKO 600, enhanced Jag / Koni suspension & LSD Diff.
Not Ranked     

Hoity

You'll find in your research that all the kits have some foibles and none can tick almost all the boxes for one reason or another.

It is just working around the issues that are a must for you and those that would be a nice to have that might help set the stage.

For example the CR's originally restricted the depth or the rear rim off-set. If you want deep rear rims it might be an issue but Aussie Mike I believe has got around this.

The G-Force I believe has a pretty limiting cockpit shape that restricts seating choice. Not sure what the manufacturer available seats are like, so they are an option, but for me I swapped out MX5 seats that could not quite be made to best fit for a pair of Marty's (Kenmer) ADR compliant seat frames. Marty got the frames low onto sliders and it all worked to keep my soft top arrangement sensibly low.

And no doubt there will be plenty of other nuances like these that others can point to, but generally as is indicated above, there is usually some way around them.

Have fun "researching".