View Single Post
Old 09-21-2015, 07:55 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Classic revival kit (CR3181), gen III engine, T56 6 speed box, AU XR8 lsd diff
Send a message via Yahoo to boxhead
Not Ranked     

Talk with an engineer before you decide on an engine.
I dare say the engines you are looking at are Carb ones, and these will not meet compliance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoity View Post
All very good points and I will concede that my history of the Cobra is not as complete as others.

That being said I have a Ford Performane Racing baseball cap I purchased for $25 about five years ago, if I got a chev I wouldn't feel right wearing the cap.

Went over to eagle auto parts to get some pricing on the options for a v8. I haven't explored the engineering side as to what kit, will this motor fit, or can I get adr approval.

As good as the chev looks from an engineering and performance point of view, I can't bring myself to get rid of my FPR cap. The 5.0L coyote could be the one, by the time you buy the ECU package for the chev, it's about $1500 dearer for the ford. That's for an approx 420 -450 hp package.

There maybe cheaper packages out there but this is a comparative perspective.

Cruising in 5th

---------------------------------------------
Never be afraid to do something new, Remember, Amateurs built the Ark: Professionals built the Titanic.