View Single Post
Old 09-21-2015, 11:00 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: absolute pace chassis #50 L98 & 6 speed auto
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by albanycobra View Post
I liked everything about the DRB Cobra, The Tori suspension was much better to deal with than the Jag IMHO , lots of motor options and proven track results but the tail end is to high in my book, I just couldn't get over it.
the concept of the drb was very good buy a kit and buy a torana and away you go the kits with the doors /boot and bonnet hung made for a pretty easy build and put many people into cobras at a good cost the downside of that ive noticed is the real sale of drb 's is quite low also i saw some lovely ones when looking for a car but after racing torana's for many yrs that put me off torana running gear . however there are some bloody quick drb cars out there no denying that . and your right dave the bum just didnt do it for me either you dont seem to notice until you see one parked next to another make of kit . they all have there plus and minuses . the problem nowdays torana bits are getting harder and harder to find and the prices seeing to go thru the roof for the parts