View Single Post
Old 09-22-2015, 05:47 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: E-M / Power Performance / 521 stroker / Holley HP EFI
Not Ranked     

Ace23,

I use the Torker II single plane because any other manifold would be physically too tall to fit and still be allow use of a decent-sized air filter.

The first manifold (for the Cobra) we had to modify to install injector bungs and make our own fuel rails to match, an expensive pain but it was all that was available ten+ years ago.

Fast forward to today and finally Edelbrock makes one for the 385 series with the bungs already in, and matching fuel rails. Now, if they'd get the front lip shape correct so it could seal properly to the block, it wouldn't leak oil around the base of the distributor - but I digress...

I've never looked, but it would seem likely you could buy a ready-made bung-equipped manifold and matching fuel rail setup for your small-block if you decided to go the port injection setup. Not needed for the throttle body setup; either way, just pay attention to the overall height so you don't end up with something sticking through the top of the scoop :-O

Tom