View Single Post
Old 09-22-2015, 07:35 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: absolute pace chassis #50 L98 & 6 speed auto
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by xb-60 View Post
Deano, you'll raise a smile over this (given our 'market garden' commonality in the distant past)....I've built a couple of trailers in my time.
The first was for towing behind the Fergy and was for knocking almonds. It was all steel, 22 feet long, four feet wide and eighteen inches high. I was pretty handy with a welder when I was 16.
Second was a little smaller, and its claim to fame was my own version of knee suspension. Remember that concept? Independent suspension using a large single wishbone on each side?

Cheers,
Glen
this is alot more more fun than building trailers for carrying bins of spuds thats for sure . altho those skills learned on them have come in handy over they yrs .
my eyes arnt as good for welding nowdays so i just do the taking up and let my younger offsider do the full welds he was keen to learn and his work had just put him thru a welding course so i handed the mig gun over too him , i think i need a prescription lense in my helmet if there is such a thing cause if i wear my glassers under the helmet they seem to fog up .

cheers dean