View Single Post
Old 09-24-2015, 07:49 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF 2932 with 438 Lykins Motorsports engine. Previous owner of FFR 5452.
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by REAL 1 View Post
Yes, you needed that one to try and extricate yourself from having stepped in it.

As always you read into things way to much and see what you want to see.

To bad you didn't read the previous thread on the issue or if you did didn't absorb what was being said. Larry and I actually wound up agreeing. I understood clearly what he was saying above you obviously did not. Here, follow along....AC did make some changes in the Ace chassis and body design prior to Shelby arriving on the scene. The basic car was there in recognizable basic "Cobra" form and shape at the very beginning. Yes, Alan Turner was responsible for that. He was the in house engineer. Like any manufacturer AC was trying to improve it's chassis each year for its customer base. However, it wasn't a Cobra yet. That took a lot of feed back from testing and development at SAI. AC made a lot of changes as directed and requested by SAI to make the little AC Ace (which previously only looked like a "Cobra") into a "Cobra" chassis and some further body revisions that was manufactured by AC with these changes for the "Cobra".

As to AC competing with a car at Le Mans, tell me was that a pre-Shelby developed chassis or post? Please let us know when you find the answer.

As to clearing the dance floor for me. You should. You obviously derive most of your info from internet articles and rely on them way too much instead of published treatises and books written by knowledgeable and respected authors like Legate, etc.... This reflects in the lack of depth of your knowledge... but stick around, despite stepping on your own toes often you will eventually learn something. Example, you should copy the above paragraph for future reference.

As to Tony's sig, Tony hasn't had a Continuation Cobra for a number of years and most vets here know that. Only a newbie would jump on it like you.

BTW still waiting for the pics of that chassis sitting on the floor. Does it even replicate the Tojeiro design? Post up!!!

InFletcher: Yeah, ain't that a scream.

XacK: You believed that? Stop being so gullible son. However, if hypothetically Rolex started to sell their watches in Kit form and you bought one ...would it be a REAL rolex? Careful how you answer.

Thor: I'm fascinated. How did you arrive at the 1/3 formulation?

ASO544: I think glass chassis CSX cars are manufactured in South Africa. I'm not sure about HST anymore. Stopped following it.
Aluminum Shelbys are another story.
You guys make me proud. Keep him dancing!