View Single Post
Old 09-25-2015, 05:33 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF 289 Street
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by LMH View Post
Thanks! I'll get with him next week and measure it up. Let you know!
Larry
Just got home and measured up the jack parts. The tube diameter is 1.125". The groove depth is .050, and width is .120.

I have glass beaded the jack, inspected it, heli-arced up some thread damage on the large shaft and have begun painting process. I'll send pictures to Larry to post. Here's the McMaster-Carr part #s for the proper roller bearing and thrust washers:

M-C Part # 5909K37 Cage Assembly for 1-1/8" shaft, 1 3/4" OD. Steel Thrust Needle Roller Bearing.

M-C Part # 5909K51 .032" Thick Washer for above.

You'll need qty 1 bearing, and qty 4 to 6 washers. You will need to recycle the thick washers on either side of the ball bearings to get the same stack height for proper gear mesh between the drive wheel and pinion. Measure the thickness of your current ball bearing assembly, and match the new assembly using the same count washers on either side of the roller bearing.

The only mod you will need to do is open up the bearing pocket in the drive wheel. It currently measures 1.700", and needs to be 1.755" to clear the new roller bearing. Easy step, my machine shop knocked it out in a day.
WELL worth the slight trouble, it now is turbine smooth in operation and has a higher load capability over the old ball bearings.

Last edited by Armrer; 09-25-2015 at 05:38 PM..