View Single Post
Old 09-27-2015, 05:06 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Default My brothers 1972 Nova was stolen in Atlanta

During the night from 9/21 to 9/22 my brothers 1972 Chevrolet Nova was stolen from his appartments parking deck in Dunwoody.

I visited him in spring and we took the Nova for a road trip to Florida. When I was there I saw a couple Porsches, an M3, a Ducati Monster and a some other exotics in the very same parking deck, and it kind of freaks me out the Nova actually was stolen in this area.

He spent most of his money and all of his free time during the last one and a half year to rebuild the car.

The car had a 530hp 383 stroker build by Grimes in Atlanta, and a Legend LGT700 5 speed transmission. The transmission is kind of unique as not a lot of these have been sold, the one in my brothers car had serial no. 0698.

My brother also spent countless hours to build a data logging system from an I-Dash and a DIY Arduino setup. The car had 8 EGT probes, map sensor, wideband O2.

My brother made a website containing nearly all the details about the car: 1972 Chevrolet Nova *** stolen *** - 1972 Chevrolet Nova

Please spread the word and keep your eyes open for parts or the car on ebay, Craigslist, swap meets etc.

The insurance sum will leave my brother with a loss of about 10k in parts, labour not counted, so he can't promise a big reward. However if someone can give a hint leading to recovery of the car me and my brother will work something out.

Simon