View Single Post
Old 10-04-2015, 08:11 AM
Banned
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Shelby Cobra CSX4206 aluminum body, original 1965 NASCAR 427 SO, Dual quads.
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by csx4910 View Post
Evan,
You don't know me and I don't know you so I am not going to try to argu with you. I love my cox but I almost bought a Kirkham for the same money. Point is, yes I out my car in the registry as it is cool to see it in there, as are many other replica's.that doesn't mean I look down on other cars that are beatifuo, powerful and in some cases better built than my csx. I have owned a SPF and may one day be lucky enough to own a alum. Kirkham, a company that has higher standards than Shelby slapping their name on everything that moves these days( I have lost track of how many different versions there are of the new Mustang Shelby's. IMHO, they are Diluting the brand and tarnishing what Shelby did in the 60's by all of the other "special editions" sold for stupid money.

I prefer to enjoy my car and other shelby's the the comrade tie of those that love these cars and welcome all no matter wether it is a csx,or cobra is any other form. Today though, I am going to take my "new" Eleanor replica out for a tire melting spin!
Hey Ron: Let me explain. You don't know me either. You completely misinterpret my point or perhaps read what was "twisted" by others as my "point".

I owned an Excalibur and an ERA. Both beautiful cars. I am still friends with Peter Portante' at ERA. I participate in FFR Cobra cruises locally. I have a number of friends with other "Cobras". One an immediate neighbor with a FFR. I enjoy the comradre' of "Cobra" owners too. Met a guy at a cruise night a few weeks back with a SPF. Beautiful car. Spent at least 15 minutes talking about his car. Never even mentioned my car to him. Just talking Cobras. I also refer to all these cars as "Cobras" as they have come to be referred to in the hobby. I just don't appreciate those that try to tear down what I own and push back when they start up at times.

You are free to view your car anyway you choose. That's up to you. However, if your view is that your car is merely a "replica" and nothing more not only I but the vast majority of Continuation owners look at it very differently. The Registry, that you thought was "cool" to put your car in takes the same position as I and many many Continuation owners on these cars.

Saying the current production Cobras are true or genuine Cobras is not a knock on other cars or demeaning to other cars. Nor intended as such. Its merely a statement of fact and law. The reason I repeat it so often if you look around and notice is in response to comments trying to demean the car as being a mere "replica" and nothing more and/or having no authenticity as a true Cobra but merely a "replica" of one. (those people will be here shortly after this post is made, just watch. ) Yes, of course the Continuation or current production Cobras are by their nature "replicas" of the originals at the same time since they duplicate the original car and are offered by the same/successor company that offered them back in the 60's.

Many here have decided to paint me as a "blowhard" and use other invectives so smear me and the entire issue. However, I see a bunch of guys here looking at a neutral statement of fact and law as somehow saying the Shelby is "better". It is in fact "better" in the same sense as an originals are "better" if your criteria is owning a genuine Cobra. Both series are genuine Cobras and if that's your "criteria" i.e. owning a genuine Cobra (as opposed to a car that just looks like one) it is what it is. Doesn't mean the Shelby cars as cars are better. Those that don't own Shelby's clearly can't stand the thought of another current production Cobra being in their presence. They are threatened by it based on what they have and therefore must pull it back down to the level they perceive their car is on. It's crystal clear. Called sour grapes.

If in order to make friends here I have to knock and demean what I own (incorrectly doing so to boot) I don't need those kind of friends. Thanks though.

So while the Shelby detractors say or paint it as "I am knocking others" by saying the Shelby is "better", I and many others see it as those people tearing down the Shelby to make them feel better about what they own and our efforts to defend the car are just "knocking others". What they own is their issue not mine. I VERY happy with what I own. I have owned it now for 15 years.

Whether Shelby "slaps" his name on cars or not (some cases yes, such as the standard '07 to '13 GT500 and even the brand new GT350 but in other cases he does not just slap his name on such as the current production Cobras that do incorporate Shelby suspension bits etc..also the former Shelby GT500KR, Supersnake, or GT350) there is plenty of value in the Shelby name. In fact, you must have seen enough value in owning a Shelby to choose a glass CSX current production Cobra over an aluminum Kirkham. Not saying the Kirkham is not as good... its just a choice you made for the reasons you had. Kirkhams are awe inspiring and gorgeous which is why SAI chose them for their body and chassis. It just can't be done better. In fact here I will say "better". The Kirkham chassis and bodies are better then the original chassis and bodies build and quality wise.

I wanted to respond to you Ron since your post was not filled with invective and personal insult. I have not interested wasting my time with those that want to insult and smear. Waste of time. They can read that book you thought it was cool to register your car in. The World Registry. Its all in there.

Post pics of the Eleanor. I'll look at the pics and just ignore the hate and tear down posts that are coming sure as rain.

You can PM me the pics too.

Last edited by REAL 1; 10-04-2015 at 08:28 AM..