View Single Post
Old 10-08-2015, 08:55 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Superformance #2660, FE-406
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dominik View Post
If I was VW, I would take them all back and sell them to a country where Euro 6 emission law is not required. That way the world is kept clean... Or tell the current owners to drive slower to reduce emissions.

Am I sarcasic? Yes, because I don't believe in global warming - oups, sorry, global climate change. - Or, what is it called now?

Was VW lying and cheating? Yes.

Who informed the EPA? Maybe Piech, after he couldn't get rid of Winterkorn earlier this year and replace him with a person of his choice.

Piech already bought additional VW shares... Everybody should.
Well, I guarantee, given the punitive nature of regulators, this gets more expensive, with nasty news, before it turns around.
There is, however, a lot I learned about deisel engines that speaks to the matter and this is way more complicated than it may first appear.
For, instance, I did not know that we're not talking about emissions common to other cars. Apparantly as the engines get going, o2 pollutants drop way down but No2 picks up and while most regulation is about carbon there has been some debate for a long time that you can't have it both ways with a 90% reduction on carbon dioxide without a bump in the nitrogen compomant.
Here in the US there has been a negotiation going on since last year, none of which, I'm sure is going to be a factor over time.

Remember, Toyota ended up writing a huge check for, we're not exactly sure what still at this stage of the game.