View Single Post
Old 10-10-2015, 05:52 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Arntz, TKO600, 460
Not Ranked     

Just some pics to round out the week. The more I get stuck into this project (and you could say that at this stage of quick freshen up, I am committed), the more I enjoy it. Anyone who is contemplating the re-build of an existing car, based on my experience so far, do it.

This is my first go at lock wiring bolts. These are for the bearing carriers which also double as the caliper mount bracket and the handbrake spot caliper bracket. I figured that these are best kept from loosening. The other is securing the bolts that mount to the housing and support the diff plate. There will be more at whatever point I feel needed. Also, I may make the wire lock that goes over the gascap, I have seen it on CC before, if someone can link to it that would be great.

Dana Spicer unis fitted to half shafts and stub axles, just waiting on rotors and this can be assembled and mounted.

Not everything on this mild freshen up is mechanical. The gaskets in the lucas front indicator and rear lights were dried out, deformed and did not seal. So replacements corrected this, can't see them but it's my way of covering all aspects of the rebuild.

I have never used a wooden wheel before but I thought that it would be right at home on this Arntz. Located a lightly used Moto Lita with fine scratches and signs of wear which should make a nice fit. Diameter selected is 14inch for two reasons, additional room and also as the Arntz column is mounted so high on the dash, visually it should be better balanced rather than a bigger one.

And finally, rear hubs after flash coat. These are what started the rear end re-build. The pin drive wheels I got had a ford pattern, the hubs were jag. So new wilwood studs were acquired and the hubs drilled and threaded to suit the new pattern. Also to ensure the adapters were hub-centric, the hubs were machined so the adapter fits perfect and centered.

Last edited by leroy17; 10-10-2015 at 06:17 AM..