Old 10-15-2015, 10:57 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Shelby CSX4005LA, Roush 427IR
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevins2 View Post
Tony,

It actually doesn't have to be that way. I've been on this site for a little shy of 4 years and, particularly in the early stages when I was building my car, I asked a lot of questions and got input to help solve problems or to help me understand something better. In hindsight, some of my questions were pretty dumb but nobody flamed me for asking for help. I assume that was because even the dumb questions were asked honestly with no attitude, ego, my car's better than your car, unsolicited opinions, etc. None of that nonsense. If you check all of that at the keyboard, this site can be very helpful.

Kevin
Your experience in those days was the same as mine (I lurked around late 2008-ish and joined in 2009). The forum was very helpful in sorting things out when I was making my purchase decision. The anti-Shelby bias was not as rampant then. When I was having the DFI issues there were lots of good pointers and suggestions. It's only in the past year or so that the primary focus has become the essence of this topic. Over and over again.

I think the only outstanding technical question I still have is "which are the boy bolts, which are the girl bolts, when do they mate, and why do they drop their children on my garage floor".

Last edited by twobjshelbys; 10-15-2015 at 11:18 AM..