View Single Post
Old 10-16-2015, 11:58 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Classic Revival #3199. 366ci L76, T56 6 speed, Blue circle custom paint, Australias most original cobra 2009-2010
Not Ranked     

I really hope Classic Revival continues - would like the know the details of the new owners if they exist. The quality of the completed cars I think is evidence enough to show that despite the previous owners alleged failings, the basis of a quality cobra is there.

It think it is not really a secret where the "B" in B-Club comes from. There were certain frustrations with the previous owners attitude towards and\or failure to rectify certain things about the car that were less than ideal. Rear bump steer on square tube cars was an example.

The support from fellow builder was virtually essential due to a failure from the previous owner to recognise that his car was not perfect the way it was (along with a build manual that gave instructions like "Install Fuel Tank" to install the fuel tank). The support and development of the car within the builders community really has taken a good car and taken it to the next level. If anyone has driven a CR with and without the rear end mod done you will know what I mean. If you need further evidence just check out what the likes of DaveW, Aussie Mike, Mizzi and Beejay (who crash tested the fibreglass for us) have done or are doing with their cars.

The first thing the new owners need to do is contact current owners and find out what they would change about their cars. I suspect there would not be too many who would significantly change their car, but there certainly was\is issues that could have made the build process much easier. I think most of these bugs have been ironed out in the building community - but how nice would it be to have not had to deal with them in the first place.

Anyway - back to your FFive......

Cheers