View Single Post
Old 10-21-2015, 08:43 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: West Coast, 460 CID
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanEC View Post
The full time vacuum source you should hook to your distributor is under the front bowl, coming out at an angle and currently capped.
Agreed - in the photo you can see the end of the black cap sticking out a bit from under the primary fuel bowl - that's a manifold vacuum port. Just remove that black cap and connect the vacuum line which is currently connected to the timed / ported vacuum fitting on the side of the metering block. Don't forget to cap the timed / ported vacuum fitting on the carb that the vacuum hose is currently connected to. I believe both ports take 3/16" hose.

You'll find the idle speed will go up and the idle will most likely be a bit smoother after switching from ported / timed vacuum to manifold vacuum.

I used manifold vacuum for my connection and had to adjust the idle speed screws to drop the idle by about 200 RPM after I made the switch. Make sure the engine is fully warmed up and off fast idle before you make any idle speed and/or mixture adjustments.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanEC View Post
Not completely sure but I think the upper port on the right front side of the carburetor and fuel bowl is a ported vacuum source.
I checked a Holley diagram and confirmed the upper port on the primary metering block is a timed / ported vacuum source.