View Single Post
Old 10-21-2015, 06:15 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Pace 427SC. LSA Supercharged with 6sp TR-6060 trans.
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Looking good Sime.

I must admit I do like the battery placement. That space is just wasted otherwise (unless you make a glove compartment there).

I reckon you should make those bolt heads under the fuel pump/filter mount less protruding if you can, to save stuff snagging. I shortened my bolts a bit so they didn't penetrate too far up (actually I used shorter, round head hex bolts instead so they're even smoother).

But that's just a thought I had with mine anyway.
Thanks Guy. I was going to put a glove compartment in but decided against it. I'd rather have the stereo accessible and the boot looking clean as I'm not sure that whether I am going to carpet it. So that was the only place left really to fit the battery.

Good point re the cap head bolts. I'll source some round head cap bolts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wazza View Post
Looking good Simon.

Those spacers you used to lift the Fuel pumps for clearance look fine...good solution.

This is a consequence of the chassis being one of the very first, being matched to current finishing kit parts.
Soon after your chassis, there were some slight changes which would alleviate this.

i.e. It won't be an issue on almost every other chassis that we've produced since then...
Thought I'd say something before others start putting spacers and then wondering why they have any probs fitting them.

That battery placement works...you could also move it to behind the seat, if you ever wanted to use that space for the custom storage compartment etc.

Good work mate,

Cheers,
Warren
Thanks for the encouragement Warren! I don't mind engaging the brain to adapt and overcome to little challenges like this. I needed to find a way to get the rear log clearance plus the tunnel has a small peak which didn't allow the plate to be mounted flat anyways. The spacers solved both issues in one shot.

Re the battery, I don't think I'll have any issues removing it in future if needed Brad. Well, at least I hope not! I have chosen to fit my stereo vertically behind the passenger seat in an aluminium case that will also house the 12V adapter and kill switch. It will have a lid too and be carpeted. I'll make some vents for it but it shouldn't get too hot because I am running pre-outs to the amp plus will only really be steaming music via Bluetooth or through the USB so the CD mechanism won't be used much.

Quote:
I just noticed that there aren't any washers on the brake balance bar. I almost forgot mine. They are to prevent the push rod knuckles binding at extreme angles. It's still amazing how much work goes into a car. Even on a production car it takes a lot of man hrs.
JD
Great pickup JD. Thanks. I didn't even know they were supposed to be there, but it does make sense. I'll check the Tilton box to see if I have them. If not, I'll just go and buy some.