Old 10-28-2015, 12:05 PM
Backdraft Racing Dealer
Visit my Photo Gallery
Lifetime Contributor

Cobra Make, Engine: Backdraft Racing
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by 427BDR View Post
Jay I've shared my experience directly as have others and we have been pretty clear that this sound is unacceptable and has worsened over time. I value your input and feedback, and I'm looking for options for an alternative set or a fix, but you sound defensive in this regard. Furthermore Backdraft has not been helpful at all. I'm certain that if you heard these pipes you would objectively agree that the excessive rattle is not normal.

My take away from this thread is the following:

1) These glass packed mufflers will have some waddle / rattle on deceleration.

2) HP of the engine is not a factor since you have 700+hp cars with these pipes and you find the rattle to not worsen

3) 200 backdraft cars plus another 500 other cars have these pipes with allegedly no complaints

So the only logical conclusion is that the folks who are experiencing this excessive rattling are:

A) uber-sensitive to this sound, since allegedly the other ~700 owners of the same pipes are happy.

or

B) is it possible, just possible that we have bad pipes that should be replaced by backdraft?

BTW Why is backdraft on backorder on these pipes? Design change?
For your consideration... there are only 2 people in this thread with the latest sidepipes from Backdraft THAT OWN A BACKDRAFT and are complaining of this sound. Now both of those people have cars from Millerspeed with Smeding engines.

Now this is vs. several hundred owners that purchased cars from other dealers with different engines that are not complaining.

That's what I am seeing here.

They are on "backorder" because they only ship enough pipes to go with each car, as that is the volume the company supplying them is contracted for.

I have a spare set in stock and I also sold a spare set about 3 months ago to a car owner in FL and he replaced the old design pipes with these and he has not complained about the sound or any change.

So again, look at the common denominator here and determine if anyone is being defensive.