View Single Post
Old 10-28-2015, 02:49 PM
Backdraft Racing Dealer
Visit my Photo Gallery
Lifetime Contributor

Cobra Make, Engine: Backdraft Racing
Not Ranked     

Spoke to Alistair, we are in agreement that you need to bring your car in or post some footage of the sound you are complaining about to properly address it and draw any conclusion. I am of the opinion the sound is normal for a sidepipe with a glasspack baffle in it and is consistent to the 200+ other cars with them. Sometimes there is a difference between an observation and a complaint.

On 1340 the deceleration sound was normal and we confirmed it when we consigned the car and resold it on his behalf (while it was here of course we drove it and did a full mechanical on it before it left for France). In a Coyote powered car the sound of the glasspack chattering is more obvious because these cars are significantly quieter at idle (when you let off the gas and coast for example).

I want to clarify that my inquiry as to who built the car and what engine is in the car was to draw conclusions on what your cars had in common so we can attempt to find some possible reasons for the sound. If the dealer was modifying the pipe or bending it to achieve a different fit then that could contribute. But my discussion with Millerspeed did not uncover anything they may have done (or not done) to cause any different sound then others are experiencing as normal.

Of course all this is being concluded with no actual recording of the sound provided...

Last edited by Cashburn; 10-28-2015 at 02:54 PM.. Reason: Added last line... and then added further detail on 1340