Old 10-30-2015, 05:15 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: I'm Cobra-less!
Send a message via AIM to blykins
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAXVELO View Post
Sorry blueblood, didn't mean to bore you with my junk boat anchor of a worthless $6k tranny! Aparently blykins knows it all. I mistakenly thought you were merely asking what setup people had behind a 460. My wife and I like to go on weekend road trips and I thought a 6th gear might do a little better on the highway since I'm running 4:56 gears. But according to blykins, there's no need for a 6th gear so, my bad, I'll just mind my own business .....
Didn't mean to put a bee in your bonnet, but he was asking for help and opinions. As an engine builder and Tremec reseller, I've been through this dialogue with literally hundreds of people, and have received feedback from the guys with 6-speeds and the guys with 5-speeds.

There's a lot to consider when you switch to a T-56 and obviously, as you mentioned, 4.56 gears is one of them. The other things to consider are the price (big $$$ upgrade), if it will physically fit in the trans tunnel, and if you actually have room on some replicas for any kind of driveshaft whatsoever. When you tack on the extra length, the driveshaft gets really short and that's not a viable situation for a solid rear axle car.

I'm certainly entitled to offer my opinion as well and I have just never came across a situation where a T-56 was the better choice.