View Single Post
Old 11-01-2015, 12:41 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Arntz, TKO600, 460
Not Ranked     

After being on stands all this year, was nice to get it back on its feet and to see if my suspension measurements were correct.

Motivation for this is its going to Williams Race Services this week for the front UCA mounts and shock mounts to be completed. Look back through previous pics and you can see the shock mount is a washer with a spot weld, and the new UCA's have a wider mount spacing and were 3/4 inch longer. WRS set up my previous Harrison and it was night and day once they had finished, so I will draw on their knowledge for this old Arntz.

Pics below are comparison of the old and new rear disks. Factory Jag to match up with the Willwood rears. I cant figure why with the previous disk's one is so much thinner than the other, anyway, no amount of machining will correct the many years of deterioration. Calipers are not fitted yet as this is still just push around at this stage and I will get to these with the next part of the plan.

When it came to fitting the diff, I figured it easier to have it on something that basically puts in the the right spot rather than lifting and maneuvering. A milk crate solved this with a timber slider this went into place and was bolted up easily.

With the front end and now the rear all restored, it disturbs me that the chassis and ... well everything else underneath is so so aged and weathered. Once I get all the other little things completed that require mounts and brackets etc, the chassis may be in for a treat.

A quick pic of the partial assembled rear with the bronze bushings, much simpler than the complex original assembly. Once the diff was mounted the half shafts, hubs and shocks are easily fitted.

And finally a pic outside, suspension height is nearly right as I have done no adjustments at all and just pushed it out of the garage.

Last edited by leroy17; 11-01-2015 at 12:49 PM..