View Single Post
Old 11-04-2015, 10:29 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Classic Revival CR3516, LS3, Aussie Mike'd T-56, 3.70 LSD, AP brakes, Penske shocks
Not Ranked     
Default What is wrong with my clutch?

Something weird going on....after driving it for the first few weeks and starting to fang it at the nationals, I noticed that the fluid has gone "dark". It is the same Penrite race fluid as in the brake reservoirs, from the pic below you can see the difference. Fluid in the brakes has not changed at all.

I contacted Tilton and asked them for any possible causes, the only thing they could think of is that there was excess rubber grease in the cylinder from manufacturing assembly and it has tainted the fluid.

I drained the fluid, replaced, and bled out all the old stuff, and within 50kms of mostly freeway driving, it has happened again. If it is rubber grease in there then it must be a large amount !?!?!?!?!

The bite point has moved up the pedal too as this has happened - after ditching the first load of coloured fluid the bite point was very near the floor as I would expect with a brand new clutch and fresh fluid, now after the 50kms it is higher up slightly. Also when changing the fluid there was one air bubble in there which came out first.

Obviously I will change it again, but any thoughts?