View Single Post
Old 11-05-2015, 04:16 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Classic revival kit (CR3181), gen III engine, T56 6 speed box, AU XR8 lsd diff
Send a message via Yahoo to boxhead
Not Ranked     

Latest edition to the shed.
I bought this for $50 plus $98 in fees last week.

It was missing the ignition barrel, I sat the key inside key reader and turned ignition switch but it would not start, talking to a Mitsu mate, he says the key readers often fail.
I bought a full set of keys/barrels locks and a key reader on a recent ebay auction, so once this gets home I will try again.
Not sure of plans yet, either fix it and return to road use and sell to someone looking for a first car, but I had a better look last night, and suspect at some point in its life it has had a decent rear hit (bodywork isn't quiet right around base of rear window).
Once it is running I will get a better look underneath.
But if it was a bender then I would not feel right selling it to someone buying a road car (would likely be a kid buying first car), so it may end up as a quick flip and sold to someone in local rally club to bash around in the dirt.
It is the 1.8 litre and 5 speed manual, with only 89000kls

Cruising in 5th

---------------------------------------------
Never be afraid to do something new, Remember, Amateurs built the Ark: Professionals built the Titanic.