Thread: The POOL ROOM
View Single Post
Old 11-06-2015, 02:50 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Kenmer with Ford Quad Cam Boss 260
Not Ranked     

A bloke from the bush got a job on a big city building site.
He saw an ad in the paper offering a room and all meals for $100 a week. So he turned up on the doorstep, rang the bell and a woman came to the door.
All meals? He asked.
Yes, she said.
So he moved in. The next morning he awoke to find his breakfast on the table and his lunch, a salad sandwich wrapped in foil to take to work. When he got home that night, the woman said: how was lunch?
Lovely he said, but not enough.
The next morning she’d made him three peanut butter sandwiches. Off to work he went. That night she asked him: how was lunch today?
Lovely he said, but not enough.
So the next morning she made him four vegemite sandwiches and eight cheese sandwiches.
Off he went, and that night the woman asked him again: how was lunch?
Very nice he said, but still not enough.
She thought, right I’ll fix this mongrel. She went down to the supermarket and bought a French stick that was eight feet long if it was an inch, and into it she put five pounds of butter, three heads of lettuce, fourteen cans of beetroot, two pounds of ham, twelve tins of sardines, four jars of pickles, nine cucumbers, twenty-one tomatoes, sixteen slices of cheese, half a mullet and a parsnip! She gave it to him the next morning wrapped in foil, and he went off to work. That night she again asked him how it was.
Lovely he said, but I see you’re back to one sandwich again!