Thread: Sheetmetal
View Single Post
Old 05-03-2002, 01:41 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Hunter #28; 396 Cleveland stroker; more than 495 HP; TKO 5 speed
Not Ranked     
Default rad installation

Here's what I did to install my NASCAR Griffin. Go to home depot and get a couple of sizes of 1/8 alum. angle. I found four spots were there was frames/structure to attach one side of the angle with the other side agaist the folded flange of the rad. Before final I contact cemented in hard rubber strips to everywhere the rad seated in it's houseing and where the "clamping angle" contacted the rad. Evern polished the alum. up, it looks great and the rad is very secure; Floating in it's hard compressed rubber cacoon.
Alum.shroulding and the like; get a roll of heavy brown contruction paper; push/press it into the shape you want, cutting the paper as you go; then masking taping the whole assembly together. You need to spend some time getting it right. Once your satisfied; take it out and unfold on a flat surface. That is the pattern you use to rough cut the Alum. Would suggest you go to a sheet metal shop and get annealed(soft) .030 in; it will bend very easy and stay bent. It will cost less than $1.00 per sq foot.
gn