Thread: Cobra Nats 2016
View Single Post
Old 11-10-2015, 05:16 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Well, after enduring another disappointing reliability issue at Nats 2015, Ive stripped everything out from south of the engine block!

Ive started with beefing the rear end. Ive managed to convert my existing mid case BMW M3 rear end to a LARGE CASE M3 3.2 our of their V8 and V12 coupe. Good for serious torque. Crown wheel has increased in size from 188mm to 210mm and I have increased ratios from 4.27 to 3.91.

The centres a monster. Had to fab a new diff carrier but have maintained all my 1/2 shafts etc which were already taken from the large case diffs specs and modded. A relatively easy and simple mod and I'm told I will never have to touch it again! After 6 mid case fails I hope so!!

The diff pumpkin nearly needs 2 blokes to lift it!

Now comes the next expensive part. Gearbox. I love the Hollinger in my Daytona but they're exy! A cheaper alternative is Modena GB out of Melbourne. BUT I'm really considering this new product out of NZ only just launched called High Quality Motorsport Gearboxes, Transmissions and Custom Parts | HGT Precision

Lovely stuff and a lot less exy than Hollinger. I'll make a decision for Christmas.

Once the GB is done I HOPE I can start a reliability campaign and actually get to see how good the car (and my lack of ability) can be.

Spookypt