View Single Post
Old 11-17-2015, 03:25 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: G-Force Mk I, 5L Windsor, TKO 600, enhanced Jag / Koni suspension & LSD Diff.
Not Ranked     
Default Softening a heavy clutch pedal

Hey guys and gals

Just wanted to sound out some advice regarding my need to soften my heavy clutch pedal.

I know I'll need to work on either decreasing the size of my master or increasing the slave cylinder size as the correction.

I suspect the limiting factor might become the throw distance at the clutch fork to achieve sufficient engagement/dis-engagement.

So first question is what sort of travel distance is generally needed to achieve release on a conventional finger plate clutch and thrust bearing arrangement?

And then the other vexing question without doing some calculations relates to the level of improvement each stepwise size change might achieve.

I'm not sure how to try and calculate the current pedal pressure to then theoretically work out how various cylinder size changes might impact this pedal pressure.

I'm not keen to just go and buy the next size up slave say for example only to find this provides marginal improvement.

Has anyone done this practical change over to provide some guide on the scale of change this achieves.

Better still anyone got some layman's explanation on how to calculate pressure?

I think I have enough data on the set up to be able to estimate the needed info.

Hopefully the rocket scientists out there can help me.

Cheers

A baffled Slowy