View Single Post
Old 11-20-2015, 07:58 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Unique 427SC 383 stroker
Not Ranked     

Lee was very much the real deal as well. He rocked and pissed off the traditional martial arts establishment by dispensing with all of the convention, mysticism and other hooey and focusing on real world fighting techniques that worked. His form was not limited to any one style or discipline and he embraced the best of everything from boxing and grappling to judo and wing chun. He had many unscripted scraps with challengers on movie sets and on the street, but they usually didn't much resemble his movie fight scenes. He often used arm and leg trapping and pre-blocking techniques and generally pummelled the traditional karate/kung-fu guys without much difficulty.
Norris is a tough, formidable dude and an accomplished competitive fighter, but his style was limited and he likely would have endured a whupping against the faster, deadlier, more advanced and versatile Lee. Sort of like a Cobra on a road course against a C7 Z06 (just to keep the discussion relevant, of course )

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the strength to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference. -(wasn't me)

BEWARE OF THE DOGma!! Dogmatism bites...

Last edited by Buzz; 11-20-2015 at 08:02 AM..