Thread: FE Fail
View Single Post
Old 11-28-2015, 09:39 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: All original, with Chevy engine since 1964
Not Ranked     

Cylinder 3 was dead, and was pumping raw fuel through your engine - Is that the cylinder where the cross-hatch was worn off?

Cylinder4 is excessively rich because of raw fuel puddling in the intake runners, due to the adjacent cylinder 3 being dead -When a cylinder is not firing, it also is not generating heat, and so it isn't contributing to the proper fuel vapor distribution in that region of the intake manifold.

The rest of those spark plugs look really good to me... They display a healthy state of tune on the engine overall.

Being a 700HP engine, I imagine the idle was pretty choppy, but did you check to make sure that each spark plug was firing (with a timing light) when you first started the engine after installation?

That is always a good practice, and cheap insurance....

Quote:
Originally Posted by 601HP View Post
My new user name, HTM101 allows a maximum 600x600 photo resolution. the 601HP user name allows a 1000x1000 resolution.

These photos were taken after driving the new engine 45 miles. Neither jetting or air bleeds had been changed from the "as received" state of tune provided by the assembler. Single plane intake and 2x4 carb set up.