Thread: FE Fail
View Single Post
Old 11-28-2015, 12:30 PM
Super Moderator
Visit my Photo Gallery
Lifetime Contributor

Cobra Make, Engine: KMP 184/482ci Shelby
Not Ranked     

Ok...threads over. Not taking sides, but I will use my own knowledge and experience under the UCC (Uniform Commercial Code...designed to protect both parties in such disputes in a "uniform" manner for states that adopt it) and say this...warranty was voided the minute the customer took the motor apart with another engine builder and failed to provide the original service provider an opportunity to review the situation. In essence, that action broke the chain of responsibility. The viewers here are now left with being faced with claims by the engine builder about how it was put together vs. claims by the customer about what was found tearing it down. A public forum is not a court of law, and, due to personal and/or business relationships, certainly not a neutral one.

Threadstarter voluntarily chose the actions he took...now he has to live with them without further redress, and certainly not by attempting to start and maintain a thread to "inform" others. There is nothing credible to inform other members with.

In the future, let me offer this "information" to anyone with a problem with either goods or services to do what is the only logical thing to do...provide the supplier of the goods or services an opportunity to inspect and replace or repair. If that fails to address the problem, take it to a mediator/arbitrator for alternative dispute resolution, or to a court of law.

The one thing that is not going to be allowed is any further longassed threads where one party attempts to complain about it here. I closed another thread and bounced a former member for a lengthy period for trying to do the same thing (again, complaining about it instead of allowing the builder any reasonable opportunity to address the situation), and we've done that before over the years. That is the consistent practice here and should not come to anyone's surprise.

What is changed? I no longer have the patience to babysit these situations and action will be taken sooner rather than later to end it.

Thread is closed. Any further attempt to bring this up again, by either of the parties or by any third party...I'll bouce your ass and I don't give a damn who it is.

PM or email me to complain about my actions, and I'm just as likely to bounce your ass. This is not a site protected by the Constitution, nor is it a democracy, so don't waste my time. I'm telling everyone to STFU, so that's as fair as it gets.

Fair warning has been given.