View Single Post
Old 12-09-2015, 11:46 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Default New regs and testing requirements - NSW - AU

FIRE TRUCK...

See below from my inspecting engineer... anyone else aware of this or have more specifics..???

Hi Chris just got an email from the RMS and they are requiring all compliance evidence from all certifiers, re ICV vehicles, for you this means a Beaming and Torsion test will be required, as will a list of all part and details in regards to compliance, (this would include all lighting, instruments, seating evidence of testing etc. will be required, brakes, Fibreglass tests etc., glass must be marked etc.)

The RMS have just announced that they will be inspecting all cars, which also means the costing for the report will most likely go up. Beaming and torsion testing will cost extra as discussed originally. This is a step in the wrong direction by RMS but it is necessary to weed out some people doing the wrong thing. This doesn’t only effect you it is everyone who has a ICV in the process. Just remember that everything you put on that car needs to be E marked, have test information or a Component registration number, or be from a passenger car and can be documented.

The RMS inspection will not happen until they are satisfied with the paperwork that is provided to them, then they will inspect the vehicles for conformance with the paperwork and when they are happy they will issue a VIN number then I will be able to write the report for you to get rego. I would say it has just added another 12 months and $$$$ onto your project as that’s how long it will take to get a number out of them to register the car. Sorry for the bad news but just got it through from RMS 1 hour ago.

LS3 motor, TR6060 box with Falcon ABS, 17" Halibrand wheels, 3.55:1 Ford Racing IRS and Willwood brake upgrade