View Single Post
Old 12-10-2015, 05:02 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

ok... 30 mins with the Engineer later...

The CHANGE is that the RMS will, until further notice, perform detailed inspections of all ICV and hot rod ICV vehicles.

This is apparently as a result of a small proportion of the Engineering community submitting inspection reports for vehicles that were never either inspected or would clearly fail the relevant criteria for safety and compliance. As a result the RMS has taken a good deal of the Engineer's discretion in the inspection process back in house.

The RMS will require paperwork for ALL components of the vehicle that are covered by the applicable Australian Standards... I believe its within the range of ADR 01 - ARD 83, with not all ADR's applicable to ICV's.

For all components included above that are not from an ADR compliant vehicle, individual testing or calculation reports consistent with the requirements of the relevant ADR will be required. eg, uni and CV joints, drive shaft calcs, steering shaft torsion, seat belt mounting / anchorage points.....

Basically for either the owner / builder or the Engineer there is now several inches of paperwork required to provide explicit and comprehensive compliance of the installed components with the relevant ADR's.

None of the above would apparently restrict the ability of the inspector on the day to defect the vehicle.

Apologies if I scattered the pigeons.. ! Technically the regs havent changed, but the process and the jurisdiction of the Certifying Engineer has undergone significant revision.

LS3 motor, TR6060 box with Falcon ABS, 17" Halibrand wheels, 3.55:1 Ford Racing IRS and Willwood brake upgrade