View Single Post
Old 12-14-2015, 08:57 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

a couple of other items since it has been awhile. Jamo, my son showed me your mailing address that you sent me. I'll get a copy of the SAAC article for you. Just got another 250 copies from my printer friend. Series two came out even better than the first printing. More importantly I have decided to let some of the best fabricators on this site to get a shot at reproducing some items for our cars from absolutely positively original parts. Nick used one of my original chassis manuals as the master for his reproduction. Several at Pocono have asked about the original roll bar on 3133, and whether I would give up its design.. Many years ago, a racer had an obsolete NOS one with the shelby number tag in the original shelby american box in his stash of racing parts. I will be working on that project in about two months. I will be working side by side to make sure that the welds are exact - no better no worse, same technique with original hardware and with a copy of the original professional blueprint from shelby american. Another item might be the dry sump tank with a mounting blue print also. I have twisted the arm of the guy who was involved with mine to do several more. He was the biggest and is the nicest dry sump guy in the U.S. Not Aviad. I took an NOS tank and long distance allowed him to update the inside, after I told him that only about six cars were dry sump. His comment was probably because the tanks inside baffling was designed by a neanderthal and all the engines blew up at speed. He has slowed down alot like all of old timers. There were years he said when 15 of his tanks were in cars at the starting line at the Daytona 500. Getting late just wanted to say hi again. Dr Bob